ONLINE OPEN HOUSE: Open Now
King County’s contractor for the Magnolia Conveyance Project will be installing another pipe to connect to the Magnolia Wet Weather Facility. The underground storage tank, located in Smith Cove Park, is designed to store excess flows of stormwater and wastewater in large storms, and reduce combined sewer overflows (CSOs) to the Puget Sound. After storms, stored flows are sent to the West Point Treatment Plant in Discovery Park.
The existing pipe was discovered to have a break far below West Galer Street in the area of Thorndyke Avenue West. Over the next several months, the contractor plans to assemble and pull another pipeline through the existing pipe corridor.
This online open house offers you the chance to:
- Learn about the project’s work areas, schedule and construction activities
- Prepare for what you can expect during construction
- Ask the project team questions
- Sign up for more information
How to use this online open house
- Visit the tabbed "stations" at the top of the page
- Click the or select any tab at the top of the page to move between the stations
- Keep track of your notes and questions at the bottom of the page and submit them at the "For more info" station